- Just start… Like right now… Just start!
- Write about what interests you.
- Don’t edit.
- Have fun.
- Write often.
- Take writing vacations.
- Don’t be afraid to work on more than one story at a time.
- Schedule time to write. Then lock the door so you are not bothered!
- Before you write, spend 5 to 30 minutes taking care of the minor day to day distractions. e.g Do the dishes, walk to dog, make your bed. Doing this first frees the mind so you don’t have to hold on to those to-dos.
- Save and back up your work often! Save to the cloud if you can!
- I like to play loud music while I am writing. It provides inspiration and motivation for me!
- I like to create a draft cover of my book early on in the writing process. It helps keep me motivated and focused.
PS. I’ll add to this as inspiration strikes me!
Please follow and like us: